The Daily Examen
By Ignatius Loyola
This is the basic thrust of the Ignatian Examen:
- Quiet yourself and acknowledge that God is with you.
- Ask him to help you and guide you in this prayer.
- Review your day with gratitude.
- Consider where you may have missed God or missed his desires in your choices, words, actions or reactions.
- Request and receive his forgiveness and healing where needed.
- Ask God to help you change some behavior or attitude in yourself, or to reconcile a relationship.
- Thank God for his blessings and his grace.
From Dave Swaim, Senior Pastor at Highrock Church